Notifications in iOS just became more interesting! Namely, iOS 8 comes with interactive notifications, which allow you to respond to a message, or accept a calendar invite without having to put a stop to whatever you’re doing at the moment – you simply act on a particular notification at the top of your screen, or from your Lock screen. Sounds pretty useful, right? Today we’re going to show you how to use interactive notifications on your Apple devices.
From the Top of Your Screen
1. When a notification pops up while you’re using your iPhone or iPad, just swipe down on the notification banner via the pull bar.
2. A text entry field or button options will appear on your screen (this depends on what kind of notification you receive).
3. You have two options here – type out a message in the text entry field, or tap on one of the buttons to take immediate action.
4. Once you’ve done that, continue doing what you were doing prior to your notification coming in.
From the Lock Screen
1. When a notification appears on the Lock screen of your device, all you have to do is swipe across it to the left. This will reveal all the available options.
2. Tap on the option you wish to select.
3. In case your device prompts you to take further action, a text entry field will appear at the top of your screen. If not, the notification will simply disappear.