Apple may have rolled out a bunch of new emoji symbols recently, but even with such diversity, you might feel like you need something more personal – an emoji that represents exactly how you feel. A character which is entirely your own. What if you could make one all by yourself? The good news is that you can, with an app called Imoji.
Download Imoji and Get Creative
Available for iOS and Android, the Imoji app lets you take any picture that you have on your phone and turn it into an emoji. Bear in mind that this is not a real emoji, but a picture, so if you share it on a social network, you’ll post is as an image. However, if you share it via a messaging app (iMessage or Facebook Messenger), it will look like a real
1. Download and open the app.
2. Tap the plus sign to add a new emoji, then tap on imoji to open up the camera. You can use an existing photo or take a new one in that moment.
3. To use a photo in your album, tap on Photos, and then move and resize the image so that it fits into the dotted oval. If you decide to take a photo, make sure that it fits into the oval, too, because the app will cut out everything outside of the oval.
4. If you want a more precise border around your emoji, use your finger to trace an outline around it. When you’re done, tap on the scissors button to cut out the rest of the photo.
5. All created emoji are public, so if you want to keep it that way, you can give it a name and help other users find it. If you want to keep it all to yourself, tap on the lock icon.
6. To share your first emoji (and any other after that), tap on it. A list of options will appear: iMessage, Facebook Messenger, Instagram,Facebook, Set as Avatar, Delete, and Copy to Clipboard.
If you try the app out, tell us what you think, but most of all, have fun!