Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri, has its advantages and disadvantages, but there’s no denying the fact that it can really come in handy when you’ve got your hands full and cannot, for example, type out an email or a message. You can also use it to set an alarm, dictate notes, and create meetings, but today we’ll focus on sending emails and messages using just your voice.
1. Say ‘Send a message to…’ followed by a contact’s name.
2. Siri will begin its search automatically, and once its found your contact, it will enter it into the contact field.
3. When prompted, speak your message clearly. Talk naturally – Siri has been designed to work with people and to understand exactly what we mean.
4. Once you’ve dictated your message, it will appear on your screen. Siri will wait for you to confirm that the text is correct.
5. After that, simply tap on Send.
If you want to send an email, the process is almost the same. You open your Mail app and say ‘Send an email to…’ followed by a contact’s name. Siri will ask you what to put in the subject of the email, and after that, you’ll get to speak the content of your email. Again, when you have finished, simply tap on Send.
Do you use Siri? If yes, what do you use it for?