Smartphones running Google’s latest OS version – Android 5.0 Lollipop – come with a very useful option that allows you to set up restricted users on your phone. This means that you can limit what your children or your friends do on your phone via a restricted profile. Today we’ll show you how to do this.
1. Navigate to Settings on your Android smartphone.
2. A menu with various options will open up. In the Device section, tap on Users.
3. You will see a list of the currents users – Guest and a default account, which Google put there so you could give your phone to your friends, without them being able to see your data.
4. Tap on Add user or profile.
5. Your phone will ask you which type of account you want to create: the regular or the restricted profile. Here you’ll want to select the latter.
6. You will be prompted to create a passcode, so do that.
7. Once you have entered the passcode, a number of new settings will appear that you can apply to this new restricted account. You can change the account’s name and turn off all the feature that you do not want your child to access.
8. When you are satisfied with your new account, go back to the home screen. Drag down the menu from the top, and tap on the User icon. Your restricted profile should be there, and to switch between your own and that on, simply tap on the appropriate icon.
You’re done! If you ever want to delete the restricted profile, go to Settings>Users, and tap on the trash icon next to the profile.